Here are the some rules to remember when you are trying to fix a relationship.
- Respond thoughtfully; do not react at the moment to feelings of anger/frustration/disappointment.
- Listen — do not interrupt. You will have the chance to respectfully
- Avoid blaming, critical, or disparaging comments. Speak only for yourself
when sharingyour thoughts and valid concerns.
- Bring a positive attitude about your kids, about this process, and especially about each other. It all starts with a positive attitude from everyone in the room.
- If at any point any of you feels you cannot continue within this frame, it is OK to take a break or end the meeting. I would rather end early than continue and do more harm to anyone.